2008-10-18

Cash is King

So we all have heard the comment, "Cash is King!" Usually I heard it around my old job downtown, with a lot of these little mom and pop places that didn't like being charged some fee from Visa or Mastercard to get their money. Now I can't help but think about the comment when I see US banks, automakers, insurers, and brokers claiming that they are in million dollar short falls. So who actually has the money if all of these companies don't have it? I don't know, but I bet a year's worth of garnished wages that it will end up being us. I won't pretend to know the answer to this economic crisis, but a part of me is getting a bit more anxious about where all this financial support from this government is coming from. Am I the only one that sees raised taxes on the horizon from whomever the next president is going to be?

The golden parachutes of top execs piss me off, what they have gotten paid to ruin companies really piss me off. Welsch, Iacocca, and Ford are probably amazed at how crappy CEO's have become, the countries companies are run by bankers and not grind your nose out leaders.

Banks making loans out to people they never should have pisses me off, people who cannot afford those loans piss me off. The American Dream is sometimes meant to be a dream, not a reality. How people got massive amounts of money without putting in the time really bothers me. A society of these people is a huge problem.

I guess I want to say that, I saved my money living in crappy housing to put together the traditional 20% for a home. I have always had a emergency fund account that took care of me when I didn't have a job or when my dog needed surgery or whatever. And how will I be rewarded: inflation, higher taxes, crappy healthcare, and a government that doesn't have any clue about what Americans really need. Whatever happened to leaders, real leaders, planners, real planners, and how about a person with a clue on how to get us back to a better place.

Where have all the good people gone?

3 comments:

Grant said...

Is that a vain I see bulging out of your forehead?

Dude, take a look around. Take advantage of this situation so that you can put yourself in a position to become the next grind your nose out leader.

Until then, quit being so pissed off. Take it from me, it helps to turn off the television for a few nights...

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one that sees raised taxes on the horizon from whomever the next president is going to be?

Nope.. and I see a rising inflation rate too.

Whatever happened to leaders, real leaders, planners, real planners, and how about a person with a clue on how to get us back to a better place.

He's running for President right now.. Barack Obama.

MechanicMatt said...

I like BO as well...It is too bad that in Kansas my vote goes to McCain.